“Confined Space” means any place including any chamber, tank, vat, silo, pit, trench, pipe, sewer, flue, well or other similar space in which, by the virtue of its enclosed nature, there arises a reasonably foreseeable specified risk.
“Specified Risk” means a risk of:
– Serious injury to any person at work arising from a fire or explosion.
– The loss of consciousness of any person at work arising from an increase in the body temperature.
– The loss of consciousness or asphyxiation of any person at work arising from gas, fume, vapour or lack of oxygen.
– The drowning of any person at work arising from an increase in the level of liquid.
– The asphyxiation of any person at work arising from a free flowing solid or the inability to reach a repairable atmosphere due to entrapment by free flowing solids.
Hardy Safety Compliance Services consultants provide clients, principle contractors, and sub-contractors with a single point of contact for all their confined space requirements to comply with UK Legislation. From the initial assessment of the risk, preparation of the Method Statement and Entry permit requirements, to the Atmosphere monitoring, daily supervision, auditing, training and the onsite Rescue procedures, we ensure a safe system of work is implemented.
We provide onsite Confined Space Training Consultants who are fully compliant with current UK Legislation requirements.
The confined space Regulations 1997 regulation 5 places a duty on employers to prepare and put into operation arrangements for rescue of persons in the event of an emergency.